1. Sooo, there are a bunch of people standing outside my house on their mountain bikes waiting to head up a very large hill that they will then cycle down. It rained rather hard last night so I'm hoping this won't end badly. *fingers crossed*
2. In writing news, I'm about to write another chapter of my never-ending 'Abigail Ashe and Billy Bones are stuck on a deserted island, whatever shall we do?' and in my head, this was going to be a simple, calm before the storm type chapter. But now I have ideas and they're all about Abigail's agency and what it means to have power and it's good stuff, but ugh. This was supposed to be simple! Bloody brain.
3. I'm reading the following poem at my sister-in-law's wedding in a few weeks, and I really need to practice, but it's one of my favorites.
Sonnet XVII - by Pablo Neruda
I don't love you as if you were the salt-rose, topaz
or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:
I love you as certain dark things are loved,
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that doesn't bloom and carries
hidden within itself the light of those flowers,
and thanks to your love, darkly in my body
lives the dense fragrance that rises from the earth.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,
I love you simply, without problems or pride:
I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving
but this, in which there is no I or you,
so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close.
4. Speaking of, I'm very ready to go on my holiday! Rhodes! Greek Islands! Kayaking in blue grottos! I'm going to have to get SO much sunscreen.
*Yes, this is very relevant to my upcoming trip as the hen do is Mamma Mia themed. Oh, dear.
5. I don't think I really have a 5, other than I'd really like to go see the new Alien movie, but I think we're going to be out of town when it's here.
Have a wonderful Saturday! ♥