So, here are my usual five things!
1. My husband and I have definitely separated and will be filing for divorce one of these days. It's been hard but also good. We still chat and email and things are actually pretty darn all right. We were having coffee one day, looked at each other and went, 'whoa, we've done the right thing, haven't we?' I feel positive about more things now and it's been incredible to just have time to myself and to relearn who I can be and what I can do without having to worry about him. I'm working really hard at my job and taking on all sorts of responsibilites and actually getting recognized for them, in fact...
2. I'M GOING TO NEW ZEALAND IN JANUARY!!! The company I work for is based there and we're the European branch. They've received some new investment money and will be making some changes and they want me to go over and sit down with the team. Eeeeeee! I'm going to Middle Earth!!! I'll be mainly on the South Island near Dunedin, but I've already looked at day trips in the area. I can't wait. I'm also hoping to stop in Melbourne, Australia to see some family there.
Things are happening in very cool ways for me and I'm feeling really grateful for all the hard work that I've put in. You do all these things. You show up. You put in the hours. You're supportive and you work hard and honestly, most of the time, I never expect to see any kind of reward for it. When a reward actually happens, my first instinct is to actually go: Are you sure? Has there been some sort of mistake here?
I'm trying to squash that and just go with it.
3. I'm actually exercising. Yep. It's a 'boot camp' that's run two weeks every month from 6.30am-7.30am on the seafront and it's great. The ladies are wonderful and supportive and I have so much more energy and it's not in a gym. I mean, I still hate burpees and jogging, but I'd rather hate them outside than in a gym.
4. Oh, God, I'm so close to having this novel thing done I can taste it. I almost have it ready for some poor soul to read it. (If anyone wants to read this thing and be totally honest about what they think, let me know!)
5. That being said, I hope to finish that and then do something completely different for Nanowrimo. I have a standalone idea that I'd like to run with and see what happens.
I think that's enough for a Wednesday. All the positivity aside, things are still scary and I'm worried most of the time about the world and everyone in it. I hope you're all all right and making it through the days. Take care of yourselves! ♥